Are you searching for updo hairstyles for medium length hair? Well, you have certainly hit the right place as I am going to provide 7 cool ideas. Before you start exploring the collection, I want to make one thing clear that all hairstyles are good for semi-formal or formal occasions. You don’t need to pull off any of them on a casual party. Check out what I have for you.
1.Floral hair updo
Making flowers on your crown section of head is a normal practice. This hairstyle look a bit complicated while it is really simple to create in reality.
How to Make:
- All you need to apply hair gel thoroughly on your hair and then comb your hair to remove tangles.
- Grab your hair into a high ponytail.
- Divide hair into two portions: One upper and second lower.
- Make a simple hair bun and secure it with bobby pins.
- Pick your curling iron and create formal curls.
- Pin up formal curls over your bun.
- Apply textured spray at the end.
2.Intricate Braided updo
I really love this hairstyle because it brings glam factor into your persona. You only need to spend 30 minutes for getting this fantastic look.
How to Make:
- First of all, apply styling cream in your hair and use comb to eliminate all tangles.
- Divide hair into three parts: one side thick hair strand, second lower heavy hair portion for making an updo and third upper hair strands for creating spiral curls.
- Make a thick three strand simple braid with your one side hair strand and secure it an elastic hair band.
- Create a sleek hair updo by folding heavy hair strands and then securing them with the means of bobby pins. Set this updo on its place.
- Make spiral curls with upper hair strands and set them just above your hair updo.
- Wrap your three-strand hair braid around your updo and fix it well with the mean of bobby pins.
- Pour textured hair spray at the end for holding this updo hairstyle for long time.
3.Big Donut hair bun
Donut is really delicious but when you want to add extra charm into your persona then you should think about donut bun. This is a simple yet beautiful hairstyle to try for.
How to make:
- Apply hair gel and comb your hair properly.
- Make a high ponytail by gathering all hair strands; secure it with an elastic hair band.
- Now wrap your ponytail around donut bun maker, commonly available in the market. It is a band which has a hole in the middle. You need to fix this band with bobby hair pins.
- Take a hair strand and pass it through the middle hole. You need to roll every strand around this hole in a very sleek and clear way.
- Once you roll all hair then you should fix this bun with bobby pins and hair spray.
4.Messy hair updo
This is a semi-formal kind of hairstyle that makes your look really eye-catching. You don’t need to care much about the perfection because messy style seems really amazing.
How to Make:
- Tease your crown hair section and then set a clear strand over it.
- Take two thin hair strands and create simple two simple braids. Set them at one side with the mean of bobby pins.
- Make a messy hair updo on the back.
- You don’t need to use hair spray as this style looks great as it is.
5.Side hair updo with floral accessories
It is among famous Korean and Asian updo hairstyles for medium length hair. They normally opt for this kind of styling for special celebration. You can follow them when you need to attend a wedding.
How to Do:
- You can see two options for front hair: either do side parting or tease your hair up high. Go for one that you like.
- Gather all your hair at one side, right side hair updo looks really great. Make a simple hair updo by twisting all your hair and fixing them with bobby pins.
- Give this hair style a final touch by setting floral hair accessories.
6.Double Side Donut bun with full bangs
It is one of the best updo hairstyles for medium length hair. You would surely like to try it on a formal party. Side donut bun was among some popular 1960s hairstyles. That’s mean you can give it a try during theme party.
How to Make:
- Divide your hair into two parts in the middle.
- Grab left side and make a donut hair bun by using donut bun maker. All you need to wrap your hair strand one by one around this maker.
- Do the same for right side.
- You can use spray to hold this cute girly hairstyle for long time.
7.Half up and half down style
This kind of hairstyle can add extra charm into your beauty, if you do it in a right way. This is neither too formal nor too casual look.
How to make:
- Comb your hair and remove all tangles.
- Divide hair into two parts: one up and second down.
- Tease up hair portion and then make this area a bit sleek.
- Make an updo with lower hair section by wrapping strands around your hands and then setting it to nape area.
- Let your fringe hair strands fly in the air, no need to make it sleek and straight. Go for natural look.
You finally know how to make 7 amazing updo hairstyles for medium length hair. It’s time to try any of it and share your experience with me.